What You Need
1. Fill a mug with water and place in the microwave.
2. Set for 5 minutes on high heat. Start microwave.
3. Remove mug of hot water (use a mitt, as the mug will be hot!).
4. Remove the revolving tray, shut the door to keep the steam in, and wash the tray right away in the sink.
5. Open the door and wipe away the splatters from the microwave interior with a soapy wet dish cloth. Don't forget the interior of the door.
6. Replace the revolving tray in the microwave and you're set.
Want more smart tutorials for getting things done around the home?
See all of our Home Hacks tutorials
We're looking for great examples of your own household intelligence too!
Submit your own Home Hacks tutorial or idea here!
(Images: Regina Yunghans / Apartment Therapy)