Leather furniture can last for decades if properly taken care of. Prolong the life of your piece by using this simple, all-natural leather conditioner.
What You Need
- Linseed oil
- Essential oil (optional)
- Jar with a lid or spray bottle
- Microfiber cloth
- Wipe down your furniture to be sure it is dust-free in preparation for the conditioning treatment.
2. Mix 1 part vinegar with 2 parts linseed oil in a jar with a lid. Close the lid and shake vigorously. (I added a few drops of lemongrass essential oil at this step because I'm not too fond of the linseed oil smell.)
3. Dip your rag in the mixture and start to work the oil into the leather. I worked in small, circular motions on each section of my piece. Let the conditioning treatment soak into the leather for 8-10 hours.
4. Once the leather has had a chance to absorb the oil, buff with a clean microfiber towel.
In the photo above, the left side has been conditioned, the right has not.
]More great tips and tutorials: Cleaning Basics