We have a few buddies in Seattle who introduced us to a band called Birdwatchers who recently released their EP for download. The only problem is that they left their music in the giant, un-Internet-friendly WAV format. Luckily for us, we knew an easy way to convert that on over to MP3 using one of our favorite media players, VLC.
If you don't already have VLC on your PC or Mac, you can grab it for free here. When you're done, follow the steps below to get started.
1) Open up VLC, go to File > Convert/Save.
2) Select your file, then hit Convert/Save.
3) Give your file a name, with an MP3 extension.
4) Once that's set, go to the Profile dropdown "Audio - MP3." Hit the settings icon to the right of it.
7) That's it! Hit Start to see that giant WAV file get converted into a consumable MP3 within seconds!
(Images: VLC Icon by c55inator)