1. Start by gathering your electronics in one place
On our quest for organizing our home like an issue of Real Simple, we found a great way to organize our mess of electronic cords and gadgets. The idea came from a picture in the February issue of Real Simple and we took the idea and ran with it.
What You Need
Storage box, ours is Kassett, $4.99 for a two-pack from IKEA
zippered baggies, of assorted sizes
Small rubber bands
1. Gather all of your electronics in one place.
2. Gather other materials.
3. Spread everything out.
4. Untangle cords.
5. Roll-up cords and secure with rubber bands.
6. Put gadgets back in their containers, if they have them.
7. Label baggies for accessories, cords and gadgets.
8. It's okay to have a miscellaneous pile.
9. And it's definitely okay to throw stuff out.
10. Ta-da! Items and cords are now much easier to locate and keep clean and untangled.
Images: Lindsey Roberts
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf.