Did you know...
- that indoor air is THREE times more polluted than outdoor air?
- Did you know that the EPA considers indoor air pollution one of the top five hazards to human health?
- Did you know that paints and finishes are among the leading causes of indoor air pollution?
These are all good reasons to check out low-VOC and zero-VOC paints (VOC stands for Volatile Organic Compounds, which used to be necessary for paint to work well). We found a few good sources:
The GreenHome Guide has a great section on green paints, coatings and know-how. There's also a listing for all of these paints and their cousins at Eartheasy.com, which we now pass on. It includes info and sources, among which are...
- Natural Paints: Aglaia, Livos, Bioshield, Auro
- Zero-VOC Paints: AFM Safecoat, Devoe Wonder Pure, Sherwin Williams
- Low-VOC Paints: Benjamin Moore AURA paint, Benjamin Moore Pristine EcoSpec, Cloverdale EcoLogic
(ReEdited from 2005-06-08 - MGR)