If you know your phone is in your house or another enclosed area, get an old boombox (do you still have one of those?), a set of speakers with long cords or a music player with headphones. Walk around the house with the music on after calling the phone (If you're alone, try a website like icantfindmyphone.com).
It won't ring on silent, of course, but the speakers may pick up interference as you move around the house and give you an audio trail to follow. As you get closer to your phone, you'll begin to hear more and louder interference. It's like a high-tech game of Hot and Cold.
Other cell phone tips and tricks:
- 10 Snapshots You Should Keep in Your Phone's Photo Album
- 911 Emergency Calls In A Modern Wireless World: Truths & Tips
- No Roaming: How to Use Your Phone or Tablet Offline While Traveling
- Tech Travel Tip: Forgot Your Cell Charger?
- Remove Screen Scratches with Toothpaste