I'm not one for swans and fans and flowers folded into cloth napkins. The most I generally muster is simply folding the napkin in half. But to change it up with something "fancy", I like this versatile pocket fold. In fact, my family folded 120 of these for my wedding. Maybe you'll find it handy for a special Valentine's Day dinner:
What You Need
silverware or other item to tuck into the pocket (a menu, note, or small token could all work)
1. Lay the napkin flat.
2. Fold it in half lenthwise.
3. Fold about a 4" flap up from the bottom.
4. Fold a 4" flap again over the first one.
5. Fold both sides back so they overlap a little in the middle. Tuck one side into the other to sort of help keep it in place.
6. Turn back over to the front to reveal a pocket in the napkin.
7. The pocket is suitable for holding silverware, a menu, place card, or a small favor.
Want more smart tutorials for getting things done around the home?
See all of our Home Hacks tutorials
We're looking for great examples of your own household intelligence too!
Submit your own Home Hacks tutorial or idea here!
(Images: Regina Yunghans / Apartment Therapy)