For those of you who watched F8, you may or may not be excited about the new features Mark Zuckerberg is rolling out for Facebook. One of the biggest deals is Timeline, a new way to scrapbook all parts of your digital life on Facebook. Everyone will receive these new features in the coming weeks, but if you can't wait, here's how you can get Timeline now.
Before you start, there are two things to keep in mind. Facebook is giving open graph developers early access to Timeline. Even though anyone can enable developer mode on Facebook, but it is recommended you actually be a developer to do this because Timeline is still buggy. You'll also need to have a verified account with a phone number or credit card attached to your Facebook account. Check and check? Let's get started.
How to turn on the Timeline Feature:
1. Log into Facebook
2. Type "developer" into the Facebook search box and add the developer app to your profile.
3. Go into the developer app if you aren't automatically prompted.
4. Create a new app and give it a name. You don't have to create anything serious, this app can be private and seen only by you. Read and agree to the terms on the Platform Privacy agreement. Here is where you will need a verified account.
5. Look for the "Open Graph" and click "Get Started Using Open Graph."
Create a test action for your app like "watch" a "show"
6. Now you'll end up in the action type configuration page. Change some default settings and click through three pages of settings
7. Wait a couple minutes
8. Return to your Facebook homescreen and you should get an invite to try Timeline
How do you feel about the new Facebook changes?