- WiFi cards on laptops, desktops, gaming consoles, everything.
- Get a wireless router
- Get a wireless bridge (it really is just a second Wi-Fi router that connects to your main Wi-Fi router wirelessly and shares the connection)
- Place the router as high as possible (no routers sitting on the ground, please)
- You can actually boost your cell phone signal with a few tools
- Wireless HDMI isn't mainstream yet, but you can still get it if you can afford it
- Wireless sound via Airport Express, Apple TV, or Audioengine W1
- Wireless printing via Poloplug or wireless bridges with USB printing support
- Wireless photos via Eye-Fi SD cards (just not for iPads)
That said, if we had to choice to wire up our house, we'd probably do it in a heartbeat. There's nothing that compares to being able to stream movies to Boxee via gigabit ethernet at 1080p without ever having to deal with lag, drops, or other weird technical issues.
[Image: everyplace courtesy of CC license]