Here's how to do it:
1. Start with 1 tbsp of baking soda to 1 cup of water - the mixture should be cloudy, not gritty or pasty. Apply to the roots and work through the rest of your hair with your fingertips.
2. Condition with apple cider vinegar, with 1tbsp to 1 cup of water. You can also add a few drops of essential oils, some honey or a bit of lemon juice.
3. To get rid of build-up on the scalp, try the Curly Girl method's brown sugar scrub: 2 tbsp brown sugar mixed with conditioner or honey.
4. Rinse with water every week, and supplement by shaking in an absorbent powder like corn starch or rice flour, then brushing it out with a natural bristle brush.
5. If you need to refresh or deodorize your hair between washes, try the Curly Girl lavender mist. Add 5 drops of pure lavender essential oil to a half gallon of distilled water (or bring tap water to a boil, simmering for an hour). Spritz onto hair using a spray bottle.
Do you do "no 'poo"? Would you ditch your shampoo to try it? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.