If your resolution is to entertain more next year, we're here to help. From playlists to master lists, from saving money to saving your sanity, Apartment Therapy and The Kitchn have the basics and your questions covered. Here's our best advice for planning, cooking, and enjoying a dinner party in 2013.
FROM APARTMENT THERAPY:
• 5 Things to Do in the Last 30 Minutes Before Your Guests Arrive
• Dinner Party Perfect: Rectangular Dining Tables to Seat 8-10 Guests
• Perfect Playlist: Cozy Winter Dinner Party
• Fun or Faux Pas? Napkin Rings for Dinner Parties
• Portable Speakers for Parties...Anywhere
FROM THE KITCHN:
• 18 Real-Life Supper Menus from My Dinner Party Journal
• More Bang for the Buck: 8 Dinner Party Dishes with Cheaper Cuts of Meat
• How to Make a Master Prep List for a Big Dinner Party
• Throw a Stress-Free Dinner Party: 5 Tips
• Dinner Party Cleanup: 5 Minimal Things to Do Before You Go to Bed
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: as linked above)