Summer is in full swing! And nothing is more summery than ice cream. But here's the thing: in our tiny apartment, we don't have room for 'one use' appliances, like ice cream makers. But thanks to the magic of the internet, we have found the recipe for Ice Cream in a Bag, a staple of cottage life when we were kids, and long forgotten until today. It takes less than 10 minutes, start to finish, and the only equipment you need are 2 ziplock bags... Recipe from Kidsdomain Crafts:
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk or half & half
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
- 6 tablespoons Rock salt
- 1 pint-size Ziploc plastic bag
- 1 gallon-size Ziploc plastic bag
- Ice cubes
- Are you homeschooling? About.com makes Ice Cream in a Bag into a science lesson. Now that is what we call homework!
- This version uses chocolate milk and only has 3 ingredients!