The only thing that truly bothers us about technology is that fact that we hear and see it working all of the time
. This includes ticking clocks, blinking router lights, and iPhone notifications late into the night. Luckily, we've come up with a short little checklist for those of you who have become addicted to technology and need a break from it all.
Here's our quick little checklist:
- Sleep mode on your computers. They're there. Just use them! Especially for older desktop PCs with loud fans, this is a must!
- Green switches. We've talked quite a bit about vampire suckers. Tame them! Or kick them to the street altogether.
- Alarm clock? We hope you got digital. If there's anything more annoying than an obnoxious alarm clock in the bedroom, it's a mechanical one that makes clicking sounds every single second. Move that one to the kitchen. Keep that good night sleep serene.
- Oh, the lights! Routers got them. Modems, too. And if you live in a studio, that means those lights will be blinking all night, non-stop. But there's a solution for that. It's called duct tape. Just get one that matches your router if you're easily bothered by aesthetic issues.
- Phones on vibrate. Make it habit of turning your phone to vibrate mode at night. Sure, some phones may automatically turn it to "Loud" mode (which is really annoying, we must say), but then again, there's nothing wrong with keeping your charger at work!
- No TVs, please. Though it might be obvious to some, keeping the TV off for the last few minutes of the night will really add some serenity to your winding down habit.
Have your own means to put a damper on that tech at night? Share them with us - we'd love to hear them!