Everyone loves a beautiful garden – including creepy crawly bugs. Bugs can destroy all the hard work you've put into your garden – including eating those juicy tomatoes before you do. You gotta get rid of them, but before you reach for toxic pesticides, try out a natural remedy. Check out the tips, after the jump…
To get rid of pests, try these methods in order as listed:
1. Use natural predators such as birds, wasps, lady beetles, frogs, etc. who will eat garden pests.
2. Grow healthy plants – plants under stress are more vulnerable to bugs and diseases.
3. Eliminate bugs mechanically – hand-pick them off plants and out of the garden.
4. Erect barriers, such as a crop cover, to prevent infestation from starting.
5. As a last resort, apply a topical non-toxic treatment, such as vegetable oil to deter pests.
6. Start the process over again.
For more details see the original Washington Post article here.