- No need to prep your piece. Apply this finish directly to bare wood. It works equally well on wood that’s stained or even refinished! Try it over waterbased stains, on old driftwood, wood floors or, even, coarse pottery. We do suggest testing it in an inconspicuous corner to see if you like the effect.
- Optional step: raise the grain by brushing your piece vigorously with a wire brush.
- Apply a liming wax (such as Briwax Liming Paste) to the wood. Apply sparingly using a cotton cloth.
- Rub the liming wax into the grain. Remove the excess paste.
- Overcoat with clear wax polish For a more distressed, antiqued look, overcoat with a light brown wax.
- Transform Your Furniture with Paint
- Transform Your Furniture Using a Photo
- Good Questions: Help with these Chairs
- LA Good Questions: Staining/Painitng a Laminate
[Image via House Beautiful]