We are all for a fun DIY project. When we spotted a very cool desk made out of apple crates and wooden planks at Anthropologie last week, we wanted to share it with you. After the jump, check out all of the pieces you need to make this rustic and functional desk a reality in your own space.
Almost all of these pieces can be found at an arts and crafts store or a home store, like Home Depot. The pieces you need:
- The crate back for the base of the desk.
- A few wooden planks for shelves.
- L-shape brackets to support the planks.
- Apple crates for the sides of the desk.
- A large piece of wood for the desktop.
- Sandpaper to make the surfaces smooth.
- Nails, hammer and glue gun.
- Hinges to bolt the crate back to a wall.
By using the above pictures for reference and any additional desk space style for inspiration, you can create your own desk out of apple crates perfect for you.
For more desk inspiration: