Over the weekend, an AT regular -- and future Small Cool Contest entrant -- wrote in to ask how she could go about making a floor plan. And then, while we were in the midst of writing this post, in came another email about the very same thing... So, without further ado, here are some suggestions for (these are a reader's words) "free/hella cheap programs to use to draw a floor plan"...
• There are three suggestions here: Good Questions: Floor Plan Software?
• Check out Jack's creative floor plan here: #12: Jack's Think Big
• We liked helloat's suggestion in a comment on Good Questions: Can I have It All in an Open Floor Plan? -- "It'd be great if you could actually even sketch out a basic floor plan of the room (even a cameraphone picture of doodle on a napkin would be fine!)"
• We found Smart Draw via Google
• And Floorplanner, also via Google
• Being the techno-dorks we are, we'd use graph paper, a pen, and a digital camera
Other suggestions, anyone?
Image: Ape 301 - Floorplanner