Add bead of caulk if you want to minimize the seam.
We're in the middle of summer now, but many stores are already marking down their outdoor and patio products. If you see a pair of large, inexpensive flower pots you like, grab them. No, they aren't for plants this time. If you add a dollar store pizza pan on top, you can make an awesome, sculptural side table that works both indoors and out.
- Two 12" diameter flower pots
- 12" pizza pan
- spray paint
- scrap wood, long carriage bolt, nut, and washer, caulk (all optional)
If your pots are sturdy or if you want to reuse them later for planting, simply stack them up and lay the pizza pan on top. It's that easy. Be aware that if your table is going to be outside, you should coat the pizza pan with some good, outdoor spray paint to prevent rust.
1. If you want a more permanent piece or if your pots need a little more stability, drill a hole through 2 scraps of wood.
2. Stack the pots and run the bolt through the wood and pots. Add a washer and nut and tighten the nut.
3. If you want to make the seam between the pots less visible, add a bead of caulk and smooth with fingertip.
4. Spray paint the pots any color you like. Maybe tape off some stripes? And don't forget to spray paint the pizza pan if you plan to leave your table outside.
(Images: Katie Steuernagle)