You may remember peeking into Sibylle's DIY "Funkytime" house tour I posted in January. Well, I recently checked in with the creative DIY'er and asked her to do an exclusive How-To for us and this is what she came up with...
It is a rolling 'stuff' box. This is a great way to collect those random items around the house that need a place to go until they are put away. I could also see it working well as a children's portable toy box or a home for those random items that don't really fit in with anything else.
What You Will Need:
- an old wooden box (she used a wine crate)
- 4 screw on caster wheels
- a drawer handle
- contact paper
- a drill
- exacto knife
1. Empty out an old wooden crate, or grab one at a thrift store
2. Leave it as is, throw a coat of paint on it or even stencil it
3. Screw on a drawer handle to the shorter side of your crate
4. Drill the holes for the wheels and then attach them to the bottom of the crate on each corner
5. Draw 'Stuff' freehand on the back of contact paper, or print it out in your favorite font to use as a template. Remember to draw the text backwards so it reads correctly when you cut it out
6. Glue the letters on to the wider side of the crate
7. Fill with "Stuff"!
Time Spent: 1 hour
Money Spent: $7
See more of Sibylle's DIY Projects at Funkytime.
(Images: Sibylle Roessler)