A nice binder is all you need to begin. Tabs help keep the info scannable.
Leave it in a conspicuous place along with a few treats and your sitter might even come back next vacation.
- House address (in case of emergency or pizza delivery)
- Your cell phone number(s)
- Helpful neighbors
- Add a page or post-it with current contact info - where you are staying and when
Electronics & Appliances
- Your wireless password
- Emergency contractor numbers, such as plumber or electrician
- Individual cheatsheets for alarm system, climate control, TV/stereo remotes, etc.
- Where to find: food, toys, leashes, bags, litterboxes, etc.
- Feeding and exercise schedules and amounts
- Treat & outdoor rules
- Strange predilections (e.g., leave upstairs window open, give her a rawhide at 9 pm)
- No-no's (e.g., pets off the furniture)
- Contact info for vet
A mini-map or list of nearby:
- Grocery store
- Restaurants, takeout and favored delivery
- Coffee shops
- Liquor store
Household Details: Want them to water? Have a trick door that needs special locking?
Garbage pickup or recycling info for long-term vacations? Have a cleaner in on Mondays?
Add any particulars, fuse box locations or other miscellany at the back.