Leaving town? Alleviate guilt, panic and last-minute scrambling by pulling together a binder to make minding the ranch and its inhabitants easier. Get the rundown after the jump
.Every house and household has its quirks. Spelling them out makes them manageable for all of you.
A nice binder is all you need to begin. Tabs help keep the info scannable.
Leave it in a conspicuous place along with a few treats and your sitter might even come back next vacation.
- House address (in case of emergency or pizza delivery)
- Your cell phone number(s)
- Helpful neighbors
- Add a page or post-it with current contact info - where you are staying and when
Electronics & Appliances
- Your wireless password
- Emergency contractor numbers, such as plumber or electrician
- Individual cheatsheets for alarm system, climate control, TV/stereo remotes, etc.
- Where to find: food, toys, leashes, bags, litterboxes, etc.
- Feeding and exercise schedules and amounts
- Treat & outdoor rules
- Strange predilections (e.g., leave upstairs window open, give her a rawhide at 9 pm)
- No-no's (e.g., pets off the furniture)
- Contact info for vet
A mini-map or list of nearby:
- Grocery store
- Restaurants, takeout and favored delivery
- Coffee shops
- Liquor store
Household Details: Want them to water? Have a trick door that needs special locking?
Garbage pickup or recycling info for long-term vacations? Have a cleaner in on Mondays?
Add any particulars, fuse box locations or other miscellany at the back.