Somehow we missed this activity when we were kids, but this magazine Christmas tree is a great looking and super easy idea! We all like things made from magazines
so check out the instructions below the jump.
You Will Need:
• Glitter (optional)
• Spray paint (optional)
• Small wood or foam star (optional)
What to Do:
1. Remove both covers from magazine. Take the upper right-hand corner of the first page and bring it down so that the top edge of the page rest against the glued binding of the magazine.
2. Now crease this first fold, carefully. Again, take this page and fold it over until the crease rests against the glued binding of the magazine. Crease second fold.
3. Finally fold the triangle (that overlaps the bottom of the magazine) upward so it will be even with the bottom of the book, crease it. The first page is finished.
4. Continue folding & creasing the remaining pages.
5. When the magazine is completely folded glue the front and back pages together. Spray tree with paint, and sprinkle glitter while still wet. Glue star to top.
Tip: To create a bigger tree, try gluing two magazines back-to-back. Spray painted a nice green, white or metallic color, these would make a great centerpiece on your table or mantle.
Image by Hommock, Inc. via Flickr; Instructions (with graphics) via Readers Digest