What You Need
Newspaper (8 sheets per pom pom)
String, raffia or monofilament to hang the pom poms with
Very strong scissors
1. Lay out 8 sheets of newspaper.
2. Accordion-fold the paper into approximately 1.5" sections.
3. Continue folding until you have a nice bundle.
4. Use very strong scissors to round the end of your folded bundle of paper.
5. Repeat the last step on the other end.
6. Tie floral wire around the center of the bundle.
7. Begin to fan-out each half of the bundle.
8. Separate each layer. You'll begin to see the pom pom take shape.
9. Finish fluffing the layers to create the full effect.
The newspaper is a lot thicker to cut than regular tissue paper, so I recommend using high-quality metal scissors. Cheaply made ones with plastic components might break under the strain of cutting the ends, once folded (the scissors in the photo for Step 5 broke right after I took the photo).
Want more smart tutorials for getting things done around the home?
See more How To posts
We're looking for great examples of your own household intelligence too!
Submit your own tutorials or ideas here!
(Images: Michelle Chin)