We've been looking for a little extra lighting for our deck, and we think this DIY would not only do the trick, but also make the space even better. Turning a wine bottle into a torch is bright idea and creative reuse at its best…
We love how moody, modern and a little industrial this idea is. Try it out on your porch or yard for a great green tiki alternative.
What You'll Need:
1. Empty Wine Bottle (You can use any bottle you like as long as it's glass and the neck is 1" in diameter. Be clever!)
2. Teflon Tape 1/2"
3. Copper Top Plate Connector (threaded for 3/8"-16 thread rod)
4. 1" Split Ring Hanger (threaded for 3/8"-16 thread rod)
5. 1/2" x 3/8" Copper Coupling
6. 1/2" Copper Cap
7. Two Hex Nuts (threaded for 3/8"-16 thread rod)
8. Two #10 x 1" Zinc Plated Wood Screws (if your mounting it to wood)
9. 3/8"-16 Zinc Plated Threaded Rod (I bought a 3' rod and cut it down to 8, 4-1/2" rods with a hacksaw.)
10. Tiki Replacement Wick
11. Torch Fuel (For safety reasons, only use fuel made specifically for outdoor torches. i.e. Tiki brand)
Of course, have fun with this project, but be safe too. Geradot & Co notes, "This is for outdoor use only. Tiki brand recommends that the wick never be set higher than 1-inch, and I recommend that you exercise the same discretion and common sense that you would with any small open flame."
Head over to Geradot & Co for the full instructions!