Valentine's Day is right around the corner, why not show your sweetie some red by going green? We found this very cool project over at Design*Sponge that uses old light bulbs to show how much you care. Not only is this handmade gift more special than those chocolates bought at the drug store but it will also last a lot longer than a bouquet of roses.The project clearly does not need to be a valentine &mdash it'd make a cool table centerpiece, wedding favor, terrarium... But the red wire filament hearts really make this cute.
- Red thin gauge wire (available at craft stores)
- Old Incandescent light bulb (any standard incandescent bulb with a regular size base will do..no fluorescent or halogen bulbs)
- Scrap piece of wood or wood cube
- 2 pins
- Paper and pen (or type written message)
- Hot glue
- Safety goggles
- Wire cutters
- Hammer and nail
- Hot glue gun
Head on over to Design*Sponge for more images and the full instructions, and be sure to learn how to hollow out the light bulb at teamdroid.com.
(Image: Kate Pruitt/Design*Sponge)
• Hot or Not: Concrete Lightbulb Wall Hook
• Create a Chic Bud Vase Out of an Old Light Bulb
• Create an Awesome Mini Terrarium Out of an Old Light Bulb
• 3 DIY Valentines Ideas
• Survey: Do You Keep It Green For Valentine's Day?
• Valentine's Gifts: Have a Heart for the Earth
• Last Minute Valentine's Day Tip: Fair Trade Certified