Plop plop, fizz fizz — oh how easy it is! Whip up a batch of these fizzy-fresh toilet tablets and say goodbye to the harsh chemical cleaners.
What You Need
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 40-60 drops of essential oil (we recommend Rosemary, Peppermint, Tea Tree, or Lavender)
- Silicone or non-stick baking mold
- Medium bowl
- Mixing spoon
Our tablets contain just a few simple ingredients and are essentially bath bombs. The oils we chose have microbial properties to help fight bacteria and are great to keep on hand as a quick freshener between deep cleans.
1. Combine 1 cup of baking soda with 1/2 cup citric acid (you can find this in your local health food store) in a medium size bowl.
This step can get messy, I grabbed a scarf and covered my mouth and nose so I didn't breath any of the dust in.
2. Combine at least 40 drops of antimicrobial essential oil such as Rosemary, Peppermint, Tea Tree, or Lavender (combinations of each are nice!) in a small spray bottle.
3. Spritz the oils into the baking soda and citric acid mixture and stir. Work your way all around the bowl being careful not to oversaturate any areas, save the "fizzing" for the toilet bowl! The consistency should be able to slightly pack (see the photo below for reference). If you feel like its too dry and are out of your oils, fill the spray bottle with water and keep on spritzin'. A good consistency test is to place your mixing spoon in the middle of the bowl. If it stands on its own, your mixture should be moist enough.
4. Spoon the mixture into the mold and pack down.