Yesterday Maxwell re-posted How To make a clementine candle. Loving that idea and thinking of other directions, we looked up the possibility of making an artichoke votive (tealight candle required, so it's a bit more high maintenance). We found this how-to, using either an orange or an artichoke. We vote artichoke - what's not to love? Details below the jump.
Artichoke or Orange Clove Twinkler
Knife, whole cloves, beeswax candle, whole artichoke or orange
1. Cut the bottom of the orange or artichoke so it can sit flat.
2. Cut a hole in the center.
3. Scoop out the insides enough to fit a candle.
4. Decorate the rim of hole by pressing cloves into the orange or artichoke skin.
5. Insert beeswax candle in the center hole.