Reader Krys shows you how to make these Halloween-themed DIY pillar candles for the holiday. You choose your image, and use a simple technique to make your own festive (and inexpensive) tabletop decorations.
What You Need
- Wax Paper
- Tissue Paper
- Rubber Stamps or InkJet Printer
- Colored Pencils and Pens
- Heat/Embossing Tool or (very hot) Blowdryer
1. Print or stamp image onto smooth, shiny side of tissue paper. Then, cut image out as close to edges as possible.
2. Place tissue paper image on candle. Secure with a bit of glue if you need to.
3. Place wax paper on top of tissue paper image (wax side down). Then, heat the area with your heat gun, embossing tool, or blow dryer until wax paper is melted and tissue paper is covered in wax. Take care not to overheat it and warp the candle itself.
4. Display and enjoy!
Head over to Krys' blog Melodrama for more photos and helpful tips for the project. And thanks for sharing Krys!
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.
(Image credits: Melodrama)