See more below: Here's how you can get the look:
- Take off the backs and sides of the wooden boxes and remove all the nails.
- Lay out the fronts in your desired design to form the layout of your cabinets as a whole. Overlap and mix different kinds of wood to meet your aesthetic specifications.
- Once you have your layout, cut the 8mm board to the size of each door. (This adds strength.) Use these pieces to mark where to cut the pieces of the wine crates so they fit exactly.
- Mount the crate pieces to the 8mm wooden board with nails or screws (a greener option than glue). Nail from behind the wood boards so the front stays free of hardware. Use nails that are long enough to hold but not so long that they’ll poke through the front.
- Add knobs to any drawers. Attach hinges to each door and install, making sure to level.
- If the wood from the boxes isn’t varnished already, we recommend adding a layer or two so fingerprints and possible cooking spills can easily be removed.