Election Day Tuesday was exciting for many reasons, including that President-Elect Obama promised to get his daughters a puppy. A puppy in the White House: we can't wait! Our puppy turns one this Sunday, and we've made many changes to our apartment this year to accommodate him and us. Below are some puppy-friendly home decor products, tips, and DC resources for the Obama girls and other soon-to-be puppy owners...
- Keep Your Entryway Clean: with a Paw Plunger, by wiping your dog's paws with baby wipes, or with a dirt stopper floor mat.
- Declutter and Reorganize: Move breakable objects off the floor and onto high shelves. Find places in cupboards or closed storage for all medication and bottles with potentially toxic substances. Puppies can chew through bottles that are "child-proof."
- Puppy-Proofing: Puppy-proof your home in the way that expecting parents baby-proof their homes, for example, with walk-through gates.
- Nature's Miracle in Your Home: It's great for cleaning up pet accidents. AT LA covered it to rave reader reviews.
- Cozy Rugs puppy Samson loves our color sample rug
- Etsy Pet Decor Items: dog beds, furniture, rugs and other items for the crafty and stylish pet owners.
- Green Pets: a local store with organic pet products.
What decor tips do you have to make a home puppy-ready?
Read more on dogs in the White House by clicking here.