Making the bed is probably a cinch for all of you who are pros at hospital corners
but we also discovered that a bunch of you don't make your bed at all
. So while scoping out PB Teen's Bedding Collection, we noticed they had a 'How To Make your Bed for Teens' breakdown, and thought it would make a nice sister story to How to get your comforter into its cover
. All the details right here
Here's an abridged version of the PB Teen step by step
Step One: Meet Your Sheets
They're the closest thing to your skin, so make sure they're supersoft — 100% cotton in a nice thread count will be your best bet. Try to choose a palette that you can live with for awhile. Feel free to mix and match colors, solids and patterns, to create a balance of different elements.
Step Two: Blanket Statement
The next layer of your bed is a nice soft blanket.
Step Three: Cover Story
A bedspread, quilt or duvet is the top layer of your bed and the visual statement that centers your room. Whether it's a simple solid color, a vivid baby wale corduroy or a funky pattern, choose a cover that pulls the layers of your bed together and complements the colors of your room.
Step Four: Accessorize
Throw in a few extra touches to make your bed unique. Have fun experimenting with different textures and styles, and switch them up to match your mood or the season.
For a How to of physically putting the sheets on, check out WikiHow:
1. Clear everything off the bed and put it away.
2. Remove all pillows from the bed.
3. dust the sheets so you get rid of extra skin the night before.
4. Push the comforter or the top blanket near the end of the bed.
5. Take the lowest sheet and pull tightly to end of the bed where your head rests. Center it by folding to find the center and tuck in all sides under the mattress.
6. Repeat this for as many sheets as you have.
7. Pull the comforter or the top blanket over the sheets tightly. Smooth out all creases and wrinkles for a nice touch.
8. Fold up any blankets you keep on your bed .
9. Decoratively place pillows back on bed for extra pleasure and happiness.
And to round it all out, from Martha Stewart, a step by step in video form.
[image from Martha Stewart]
• How to get the comforter into its cover
• How to: Make a Headboard using Ikea Mirrors
• 10 Best Natural Pillow Alternatives
• The Standard Hotel Platform Bed
• Look! Using a curtain as a headboard