One detail we've always loved about our Mac laptops is the glow of the Apple logo on the top cover, offering an easy to check indicator whether our machine is on or off, while also turning you into an effective walking billboard for Apple every time you open up your machine out in public. It's always surprised us Apple has never taken the detail over to the mobile side (likely for power consumption reasons), but there's now an aftermarket conversion kit to make your iPhone's logo glow just like its big brother...
Here's a video of the conversion kit and DIY process, which seems fairly simple and includes all required tools in the kit (Phillips-head Screwdriver, Pentalobe Screwdriver, 3M sticker, forceps), and requires just 8 steps:
- Remove the 2 screws flanking the iPhone's dock connector port
- Slide open and remove the rear panel
- Remove the 5 screws near the flash
- Lift up the power connector of the screen
- Position the light panel, then connect and mount it using the 3M sticker (details provided on the installation page)
- Replace the 5 screws near the flash
- Slide on the included rear panel with the transparent logo (so that the light is visible through it)
- Replace the 2 remaining screws flanking the dock connector port
Available at LightMyiPhone.com for $49.99 (it's nice to see the price has dropped from the original manufacturer's $79.950 price).