So you love your iPhone and the voice responsive aid of Siri inside. Did you know you can have Siri's vocal likeness transfer over to your OS X computer at home also? It's a 496MB download, but if you use the System Voice option regularly and want your home machine to sound just like your mobile device, customizing your preferences to a Siri-ously similar voice is an easy 6 step process...OS X Daily lists how to Add the Voice of Siri to Mac OS X:
- Launch System Preferences from the Apple menu and click on "Speech"
- Click the "Text to Speech" tab and then click the pulldown menu next to "System Voice"
- Choose "Customize" from the dropdown menu
- Check the box next to "Samantha", a notification will be added to the window saying the voice will be automatically downloaded, click "OK" to start the voice download
- Confirm at the next screen to install the Samantha voice by clicking "Install"
- When finished, verify that the voice is selected to use it as your default text to speech voice in Mac OS X, click "Play" to hear the voice sample
Via OS X Daily