What You'll Need:
Old Dish Rags
What You Do:
• Peel the skin from the orange
• Put the peel in a bowl and mix in two cups boiling water. Let sit for a couple of minutes, till you can really smell theorange and can comfortably put your fingers in the water to twist the oils out of the peels. Twist the pieces to extrude as much oil from the rinds as possible. Remove rinds and set one piece aside.
• Add in 2 cups White Distilled Vinegar.
• Add a couple drops of Olive Oil.
• Add in the rags and let them soak a couple of minutes.
• Remove and wring cloths thoroughly - removing as much moisture as possible.
• Fold in thirds and roll up into what should look like a finger towel and is a size that will fit easily through the mouth of your jar.
• Add a piece of the orange rind to the jar for fragrance and store for up to a week. You can also use the towels immediately after wringing without storing, but the Orange essence won't be as strong and pleasant.
Click here for more Simple Green cleaning tips.