Who knew dust cloths could be so pretty? I found this tutorial in A Guide to Green Housekeeping. It makes my wooden furniture shiny and leaves my apartment smelling fresh. And chances are, you already have everything you need to make these cloths in your kitchen.
What You Need
White distilled vinegar
Airtight glass container
1. Mix equal parts water and vinegar. Add a couple drops of olive oil.
2. Soak rags in the solution until fully saturated. I used old dishcloths that I cut into fourths with pinking shears.
3. Wring out the rags leaving them just damp.
4. Lay the rags, and place a couple lemon rinds on each cloth.
5. Roll or fold the rinds into each cloth, and place into your glass container. Add an extra lemon peel, and make sure lid is tight. Store until needed.
Additional notes: Once used, wash or boil the dust cloths and repeat the steps above for a new batch!
(Images: Kate Legere)