Please refer to the diagram and matching steps. While this may seem overwhelming, just take it step-by-step and you'll have your measurements in no time.
Keep in mind that most companies custom make slipcovers to match a back. Common backs are Round Back, Tuxedo Back (both back and arm are the same heights), Low-Straight Back or High-Straight back. Here's information on how to measure for a round back. For all 4 styles, click here for measurement information.
- Seat Length (A) - Enter total length of all seat cushions in between the arms.
- Seat Height (B) - Height of seat cushion.
- Couch Length (C) - Measure base, left to right, approximately 4" below seat cushion.
- Arm to arm (C1) - Measure distance outside the arms at widest point.
- Couch Depth (D) - Measure side depth of furniture at the bottom. (at seat cushion level)
- Arm Depth (D1) - Measure Arm depth, from tip of the arm to the back.
- Skirt Width (E) - Measure from underneath of seat cushion down to the floor. (in center of furniture)
- Back Overlay (F) - Remove seat cushion, measure from seat cushion base over the back and down to floor.
- Arm Width (G) - Top of arm. Measure at widest point.
- Arm Width (G1) - Bottom of arm. Measure at lowest point.
- Arm Height (H) - Measure from tip of arm down to cushion base.
- Seat Depth (I) - Measure depth of seat cushion.
- Back Height (J) - Remove seat cushion, Measure from base of furniture to the top.
[Information via Slipcovershop]