It's an understatement to say we love organizing. So when we recently moved into our new home, it gave us the opportunity to organize brand new spaces (yessss)! After getting the kitchen set up
, we worked our way over to the large, under-the-sink cabinets.
What You Need
1. Clear everything out of the cabinet you wish to organize and use this as an opportunity to wipe down and clean the interior.
2. Measure the width and height of the space (you'll need these measurements later for picking up the correct shelf riser(s).
3. Organize the contents of your cabinet (like with like). Could be like colors, size or function--whichever makes the most sense to you. We organized our items by function.
4. Look around the house, can you repurpose old boxes and containers to house your belongings. We had a handful of clear, undergarment and sock organizers that we were no longer using.
5. Pick up shelf risers and any extra containers you may need from the store (we picked ours up at The Container Store).
6. Place like contents together in containers and label accordingly.
7. Put the shelf risers into the cabinet.
8. Play around with the arrangement of the containers until you can see and access all items easily.
(Images: Beth Zeigler)