Refinish an Antique Desk Name:
10 hours Cost:
Lindsay gave this desk a cheerful makeover with sage-colored paint and bright and colorful new knobs. Click above for the pics and head below for all the instructions. Give Lindsay a THUMBS UP if you find this project helpful....
fine sand paper
desk (the desk cost $80 and the rest of the materials were $50)
1. I started by cleaning the desk with a damp cloth
2. using the wood putty and putty knife, i filled in some of the large gaps / holes. I wanted the desk to have a worn look so I didn't fill everything
3. after the wood putty dried, I sanded the surfaces with fine sand paper. I didn't want to take off all of the red paint, so I only used fine grade instead of medium.
4. I vacuumed the dust off and used a wet cloth to remove the remaining dust.
5. I applied two coats of the sage green paint.
6. after the paint dried, I used the sand paper to lightly distress the corners and edges.
7. I used a damp cloth to remove the dust from sanding.
8. I put on the new knobs. a new desk that fits my decor with only a coat of paint!
Anthropologie has some great knobs for cabinets, desks, etc. I found these on sale for $3 each.
Give Lindsay a THUMBS UP if you find this project helpful....