Recently, Laure blogged some tips about moving into a dorm room. Here are some additional and inexpensive tips to personalize what's often a lackluster space...
- A good desk lamp is a must. Not only for studying, but as an alternative from depressing ceiling light.
- Consider covering a depressing ceiling lamp with a clip-on shade.
- Keeping clutter at bay, especially when you're sharing a room, is a must. Try storage bins on wheels that can slip under beds.
- Find out if you can install shelving on walls to take advantage of oft-wasted space.
- A small refrigerator and microwave makes storing and preparing healthy snacks easy.
- Consider coordinating your bedding with your roommate's.
- If you can't paint the walls in your dorm room, add colour with sheets stapled to the wall.
- Removable wall decals are another way of brightening up plain walls. <
- Rugs are an easy way to add colour and coziness or try carpet tiles.
[image: Jonsson's Flickr, with a Creative Commons License]