If you've missed the recent painting and masking tutorial posts from ScotchBlue™Brand, now is definitely the time to catch-up! From learning How to Easily Update Your Space with ScotchBlue™ Painters Tape to Masking Techniques for Smooth, Medium and Heavy Surfaces, ScotchBlue™Brand posts are your one stop hub for painting and masking how tos. That's why we're so excited to share their recent project with you! Costing only $20, this thirty minute makeover will leave your old, boring side table a pin striped masterpiece!
What You Need
- A table to refinish
- 1 1/2 inch ScotchBlue™ Painter’s Tape Delicate Surface 2080
- 3/4 inch ScotchBlue™ Painter’s Tape Delicate Surface 2080
1. Make sure the surface is free of any dirt or dust.
2. (Top, Left Image) Place two strips of 1.5" 2080 along the edge of the table. Then place five strips of 3/4" 2080. Finally, add one more strip of 1.5" 2080, being careful not to overlap the tape edges.
3. (Top, Right Image) Remove every other strip of 3/4" 2080. The exposed tabletop indicates where the stripes are placed.
4. Press the tape firmly and wait 20 minutes for the tape to properly adhere to the table.
5. (Middle, Left Image) Paint the table as seen above.
6. (Middle, Right Image) Be sure to let the paint completely dry before moving forward. It may require waiting a day or two before moving on.
7. (Bottom, Left Image) Repeat the same process for the striping, but this time, do so in the opposite direction.
8. (Bottom, Right Image) Success! After adequate drying time, place your newly painted, loved table where it belongs in your home. Invite friends over to celebrate your newly completed DIY!