You can scrub the bathtub all you want, but if all the chrome fixtures are covered in hard water spots and soap scum the bathroom isn't going to look nearly as clean as you'd like. Jump below for our best tips for shining up that chrome and making it sparkle, with things you already have in the house:
- Use extra bits of soap and borax to polish up chrome (from reader Cwillows)
- Soak a clean cloth with vodka and shine up chrome, glass and porcelain bathroom fixtures from 12 Best Household Uses for Vodka
- Use white vinegar to take off soap scum and hard water spots
- Lemon juice also works great, just don't dilute.
- Using a used dryer sheet, buff a dry faucet to a shine (from The Queen of Clean)
- Rub baby oil on chrome to keep it shiny and to ward off water spots (from lifehacker)