Before you find yourself the unfortunate admin of a "Lost all my numberz :(((((" event on Facebook, try this easy method for backing up your address book: Print it out! We've got easy instructions for Mac and PC users to get their digital contacts down on paper.
When you're relying on bits and bytes to keep all of your important contacts' information handy, it's really important to keep a backup. Your best bet is to stash away a paper copy of all your friends', clients' and family's phone numbers—just in case of an emergency.
Luckily, you don't have to spend a crampy afternoon writing them all down on a notepad. Just head to your digital contact list and hit "Print":
Mac Address Book
- Open Address Book.
- Go to the File menu and click Print.
- In the Print Box, use the Style drop-down menu to select Lists.
- Click Print.
- Open Windows Contacts by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Contacts.
- Click the contact or contacts you want to print, and then, on the toolbar, click Print.
- Under Print Range, click All Contacts to print all the contacts in your Contacts folder, or click Selected Contacts to print only the contacts you have selected.
- Under Print Style, click Phone List.
- Click Print.
Microsoft Office Outlook Contacts
- Open Outlook and click Contacts.
- On the View menu, point to Arrange By, point to Current View, and then click Phone List.
- Choose the fields that you want to print by adding or removing fields.
- The fields in the Show these fields in this order box are the fields that will print.
- On the File menu, click Print.