Fay's Charming Grand Lake Apartment
Getting the comforter into the duvet cover is always a struggle, especially if you don't have an extra set of hands on deck to help out. Skip the struggle with this super-simple (some might even say "magical") technique that is a cross between a fruit roll-up and a fold top sandwich bag.
We've spent many years doing this task the old way, but the California Roll method has us considering a change. It's so fast and easy, we're going to classify it as one of those household chores-turned-magic tricks that is actually enjoyable to do. Go on, give it a try, show those kids that chores really can be fun!
1. Turn your duvet cover inside out and lay it on the bed.
2. Lay your comforter out across the duvet cover.
3. Begin to roll the duvet cover and comforter up together at the closed end. Try to make your roll nice and tight, like a fruit roll-up.
4. Bring the edges of the comforter and the cover up and flip the cover back at the duvet cover's opening- the same way you would flip a fold top sandwich bag- over the end, tucking everything inside.
5. Button or zip the cover so that it's closed.
6. Lay the roll across the end of your bed and begin to unroll it.
Give it a good shake, and that's it! So simple you'll never attempt the hard way again!
Re-edited from an original post by Amy Azzarito published on January 20th, 2009
(Image credits: Sarah Gerber; Ashley Poskin)