• Isopropyl Alcohol 70%
• Microfiber cloth
• Screen protector (optional)
1. Turn off your phone and let it cool down.
2. Remove your case.
3. Clean the casing and buttons with a cotton swab and alcohol.
I prefer to use undiluted rubbing alcohol because it evaporates quicker than an alcohol:water mix. Less liquid means less chance of damage to your phone.
4. Polish your screen with a microfiber cloth.
Never use any liquid on the screen because it could damage the protective coating of your phone.
If you want to give your phone a bigger makeover, treat it to a new protective screen film. Applying one of these can be tricky, but taking your time and using a credit card or flat tool to push out air bubbles will help it adhere perfectly. Here's a more detailed description.
5. Clean your case.
You don't want to put a clean phone back into a dirty case, so use the same method to refresh your case. Make sure to polish the inside to prevent trapping dirt, especially if you have a transparent case like I do.
6. You're done! Reassemble your phone and enjoy.
(Images: Jennifer Hunter)