- Adhere to the Dirty Dozen list (and note that it's recently been updated)
- Choose veggies that hold up well and can be used for a few different dishes, like root veggies, squash, and even kale.
- Vist the farmers' markets. Believe it or not, seasonal, organic produce at your local market is often much better priced than the grocery store. (This weekend, we saw huge summer squash for $1 a piece!)
- Learn to can, jam, and freeze. We've gone over those before, but they certainly bear repeating.
• Read More: Check out the September issue of Vegetarian Times to learn the rest!
(Image: Amber Byfield)