• Crappy windows: property management plans on replacing them in the summer. How can I insulate them to be more efficent? It's pretty drafty! I am looking into those window film kits, the ones you blow dry... any tips for them? Reviews?
• Electric baseboard heat: I know it's dry heat is insanely expensive, and it drives me bonkers. There is one unit in every single room.
Can anyone suggest alternative ways (safe ways!) to heat the house?
... It's only 989sq ft with two levels (bedrooms and bathroom up, living room kitchen, entry down). I looked into the Envi heater, but am not sure about the economics of purchasing several of them. I have bought us each heated mattress pads, which make bedtime MUCH cozier!
I'd appreciate any hints on how to seal up the townhouse and make it warmer without major cash output. We live in Ontario, Canada, and it's already darn chilly!
Sent by Melissa
Editor: Melissa, we'd recommend checking out these posts:
- How To Weatherize Your Home
- The Importance of Air Sealing
- How To Install a Sash Replacement Window
- The Best Portable Space Heaters
- Does Energy Film Really Work?
Other suggestions for Melissa?
(Image: Rachel Wray)