Don't let sun beams and heat ruin your ability to enjoy your outdoor area! Providing shade for your outdoor area — no matter how big or small — is a vital component to being able to use it year round and all day. And creating privacy, especially for those who live snuggled up to neighbors, will increase intimacy and enjoyment. We've got your privacy and shade inspiration to consider when finishing out your outdoor area for use this summer.
From umbrellas you buy to overhead shade you DIY, there are lots of ways you can create more shade in your outdoor area, whether you have a small balcony or a big backyard. Here are some ideas:
- High/Low Roundup: Garden Umbrellas
- Summer Essential: Patio Umbrellas
- Top 10: Market Umbrellas
- LED Patio Umbrella Perfect for Outdoor Entertaining
- Coolaroo Outdoor Roller Shade
- Keep Your Home Cooler with Exterior Shades
- Good Questions: Outdoor Shade Blinds?
- Cheap Way To Block Sun in Rental?
- Using Plants For Privacy
- Small Garden Idea: Use Bamboo For Privacy
- Budget Backyard: 10 Ways to Use Cheap Concrete Cinder Blocks Outdoors
- Small Balcony Idea: Line It With Fabric