New England weather being as unpredictable as it is, keeping a tablecloth affixed atop a picnic table can be challenging at best. We noticed this ingenious DIY idea for keeping a cloth in place and adding a little color to the table at Lou Lou’s Décor in Tiverton, Rhode Island. All you need is a waterproof tablecloth and a staple gun…1. Cut the tablecloth to fit over the table and benches, leaving at least 5 extra inches around the edges.
2. Center the cloth over the table, fold down one side and put 3 staples a few inches apart in the center.
3. Move to the opposite side, pull the cloth as tight as possible and put three staples in the center of that side.
4. Repeat these steps for the other two sides so the middles of all four sides are stapled down.
5. Working outwards from the centers, staple along the rest of the table, pulling the cloth tightly as you go.
6. When you get to the corners, fold them down as neatly as possible and staple underneath.
7. Repeat these steps for the benches if desired.
Lou Lou’s Décor
3913a Main Rd
Tiverton, RI 02878
(401) 624 8231