While we don't have anything against folks who set their Playstation 3 and A/V receiver out, glossy bezel and all, it's quite a turn off when it comes to actually trying to build a serene spot to kick back and relax. If you are willing to sacrifice a little shininess, we say toss the tech bulk behind a few of these warmer items to make the space feel less like a spaceship and more like a home.
WE PARTICULARLY LIKE:
1. Vases: Whether you love plants or not, a vase can add an instant pop of color for visual interest on or near your digital goods.
2. Lamps: Side and floor lamps make a wonderful addition to any TV console. By breaking up the direct light from the TV, you get a better overall viewing experience as well.
3. Books: Ahh, warm non-digital paper. It's almost like magic what a few books can do to a room. Juxtapositioning them against a very digital entity - namely the TV - is a fun way to show your appreciation for various forms of media.
4. Sculptures: We're always finding the most interesting things in people's homes. When it comes to sculptures, we always believe the quirkier, the better. Try adding a few on the TV console to give your entertainment space a unique personality.
5. Baskets: Having a little bit of extra storage never hurts. Especially if you're a gamer with a lot of accessories or just a media-holic with 10+ remotes, hiding them away in a basket will certainly turn the chaos meter down a couple of notches.
What do you decorate your TV console with? Let us know in the comments!