Nothing revives a tired traveler more than a good sleep and a shower. If you really want to make your guests feel welcome, spend a little time prepping your bathroom for their arrival.
Providing a clean bathroom and fresh linens is key to keeping your guests happy. We've broken down the preparation process into three lists: a cleaning checklist to finish before your guests arrive, a list of necessities to stock, and a few optional extras if you want to go above and beyond the basics.
• Wash all bath linens: towels, shower curtain, bathmat, etc.
• Clean out the medicine cabinet (in case guests take a peek inside).
• Wipe down the sink, tub, tile, and toilet with a bathroom cleaner.
• Use a glass cleaner on mirrors, fixtures, and windows.
• Empty the bathroom trashcan.
• Sweep and mop the floors.
• Provide clean towels. Two sets of towels are usually enough for a few days.
• Stock up on extra toilet paper.
• Have a spare toothbrush ready in case your guest forgets theirs.
• Let your guest know where the band-aids and first aid kit are located.
• Flowers in the bathroom are a welcoming detail.
• To really make guests feel pampered, provide a guest robe and slippers.
• Good soaps, hand creams, and bath salts add a sense of luxury.
• Keep a basket of travel-sized shampoo and toiletries for guests to use.
• Keep a scented candle with matches on a counter or shelf.
• How to Prep Your Bathroom for Company