Who doesn't want to see their name up in lights... even if it's just above the sofa? Marquee lights are shining bright in decor right now, acting both as art and mood lighting in living rooms, bedrooms, or out on the patio. Even Twitter is getting in on it. Here are some of the best sources for lights, plus some tips and inspiration for working a marquee letter or word into any room in the home...
- 36" 'E' from Vintage Marquee Lights on Etsy
- 12" 'C' from Vintage Marquee Lights
- DIY Marquee Lights from Brit + Co.
- 'O' captured in a home tour on Living Etc.
- A hash symbol from Liz Marie blog
- 24" 'W' from Vintage Marquee Lights on Etsy
- The Detroit 'D' from Vintage Light Company on Etsy
- 'LOVE' from West Vintage Trading Co. on Etsy
- A mustache from Vintage Light Company on Etsy
- An ampersand from Saddle Shoe Signs on Etsy
How to Style:
- As a single focal point on the wall.
- In a gallery grouping of framed art or prints.
- Leaning casually against a wall or mirror on a dresser, table top vignette or shelf.
- Grouped together to spell out a name, initials or a message. I've seen this a lot in bars, photoshoots and weddings, but it works great in a home too.
- Grouped together randomly. More is more.
- On the floor, turned on or unplugged. The latter gives off an awesome abandoned circus boneyard feel, don't you think?
Where to Buy (or DIY):
(Images: As linked above)